Trump's Ultimatum to Putin | Israel Destroys Syrian Tanks | Hook News Brief

Trump admin to issue H1-B visas to 'best people'. Do Indians fit the bill?
IAF to Boost Fleet with ₹62,000 Crore Tejas Mk-1A Jet Order
Low birthrates shrink South Korea's military
Trump vs mail-in ballots: Rooting out fraud or advantage Republicans?
Ukraine 'severely damages' Crimea bridge with underwater explosives
More than 200 prisoners escape from Pakistani prison during earthquake
Khilafat to conflict: The story of India and Turkey’s growing rift
#FundKaveriEngine: Why India’s Jet Engine Push Matters Now
COVID-19 cases rise as new JN.1 subvariants spread across India
Geopolitics
Utsav Parekh
16 JUL 2025 | 05:38:10

Hook News Brief | 15.07.25

TRUMP GIVES PUTIN A 50-DAY ULTIMATUM

US President Donald Trump has issued an ultimatum to his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin. Trump says that he wants a Russia-Ukraine ceasefire deal in the next 50 days. If that doesn’t happen, Trump is going to go after Russia’s economy, by targeting Moscow’s friends. Trump has threatened to impose 100% tariffs on Russian allies. Trump has also worked out a deal with NATO, where the European members of the alliance will purchase weapons from the US and supply them to Ukraine.

DEATH TOLL IN SYRIAN SECTARIAN CLASHES APPROACHES 100

Sectarian clashes between Syria’s Druze minority community and Bedouin tribes escalated on Monday. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a UK-based war monitor, says the death toll is now about 100. Syrian government forces advanced to the Druze-majority city of Suwayda in the southern part of the country. Druze leaders said that talks were underway with the government forces and the Syrian Defence ministry to quell the violence.

ISRAEL GETS INVOLVED IN SYRIAN CLASHES

Meanwhile, Israel involved itself in the conflict. It struck several Syrian tanks, calling it a warning for Damascus. Israel is also home to members of the Druze community. Tel Aviv has used this as a justification to intervene in sectarian clashes involving the Druze in Syria.

IRAN SAYS NEW NUCLEAR DEAL MAY NOT TAKE PLACE

Staying with the Middle East, Iranian state media reported that a new nuclear deal with the US may be off the table. Iran’s IRNA network quoted a senior advisor to the government, Ali Akbar Velayati. He said, "If the negotiations must be conditioned on stopping enrichment, such negotiations will not take place." Meanwhile, Iran’s foreign ministry spokesperson said that “no specific date, time, or location” had been determined for the next round of US-Iran nuclear talks.

Also Read: Anti-Migrant Clashes Erupt in Spanish Town Amid Deportation Calls

Logo
Download App
Play Store BadgeApp Store Badge
About UsContact UsTerms of UsePrivacy PolicyCopyright © Editorji Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 2025. All Rights Reserved